Crystal has an immediate need for mid-level and senior Linux support engineers.
We are looking for people with a passion for software. We love what we do and we like to work with people who share these feelings. We are getting ready for a big leap forward for our network management software and we need you to help us make it happen!
In this customer-facing role, you will be interacting daily and directly with engineers and technical personnel of our customers – companies like Turner/CNN, FOX, ABC, ESPN, Disney, ViaSat, General Dynamics, Hughes, and many others.
Although problem troubleshooting is a big part of the job, you will also design, plan and implement new solutions for our customer’s operational problems.
This would be an ideal position for someone with experience in technical support and Linux administration who is ready for the next-level challenge – finding creative solutions to real-world engineering problems.
- Linux system administration / troubleshooting skills
- experience in customer-facing positions
- software / IT service industry experience or strong academic record (CS, CE, EE) and internships
Having experience with these will make you immediately useful:
- RedHat/CentOS / RHCE, RHCT, RHCSA certifications
- bash scripting
- Linux performance troubleshooting
- Dell OpenManage, DRAC, PowerEdge R series server hardware
- serial communication basics (RS-232/422/485), terminal servers
- industrial automation, network management, SCADA, HMI
- control systems
- handling service purchasing processes (quotes, P/O, etc.)
Subject-matter experience that would be a plus:
- digital video broadcasting
- satellite communications
- video/audio compression, transport streams
- digital video quality metrics
- streaming video delivery, OTT encoders, packagers
- basic C/C++, XML
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer, or already be in H1B status with 3+ years left, or eligible for OPT.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Note: This form is for direct candidates only. If you are a recruiter, make sure you have a signed contract with Crystal first before submitting any candidates.
Please send us your resume through the form below. We are keeping all submitted resumes for up to a year, and we may consider you for positions other than the one(s) you have applied for. We do not share applicants’ information with any third parties.