C++ / Linux Developer
Crystal has an immediate need for mid-level and senior C++ developers.
We are looking for people with a passion for software development. We love what we do and we like to work with people who share these feelings. We are getting ready for a big leap forward for our network management software and we need you to help us make it happen!
Ideal candidates for this position would have interest and experience in more than just C++ – we are looking for people who enjoy learning new programming languages and techniques, and can quickly get comfortable with new software frameworks, concepts and platforms.
- strong command of C++
- Linux/UNIX development experience
- software industry experience or strong academic record (CS, CE, EE) and internship or open-source experience
- solid understanding of network technologies and protocols
- experience with source code management tools
Having experience with these will make you immediately useful:
- C++: STL, gcc, Boost, OO/MVC frameworks, distributed message-based applications, multi-threaded applications, IPC, sockets programming, make, Google Protocol Buffers (protobuf), ZeroMQ
- RedHat Linux: administration, Bash, RPM packaging, YUM, Wine
- Perforce, Git
- Network-layer and transport-layer protocols, SNMP, serial communication
- Network management, industrial control systems, SCADA, automation, HMI
- ElasticSearch, SQLite
- GStreamer, ffmpeg, VLC, video and audio compression
- vmWare vSphere
- XML, XSLT, XPath
We are not using these (right now / yet) but if you have experience with these we know you can pick up the things we are using quickly:
- MS Visual C++, MinGW
- SUSE, Ubuntu, BSD, Solaris
- Subversion, Clearcase, CVS
- PHP Cake, Symfony, Doctrine, Zend / Ruby+Rails / Python
- YUI, Dojo, jQuery
- Splunk, CouchDB, Redis, Cassandra
- Qt, GTK, Windows Forms, any other GUI toolkit
Subject-matter experience that would be a plus:
- digital video broadcasting
- industrial automation
- network management
- satellite communications
- serial communication and serial device control protocols
- video/audio compression, transport streams
- digital video quality metrics
- streaming video delivery, OTT encoders, packagers
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer, or already be in H1B status with 3+ years left, or eligible for OPT.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Note: This form is for direct candidates only. If you are a recruiter, make sure you have a signed contract with Crystal first before submitting any candidates.
Please send us your resume through the form below. We are keeping all submitted resumes for up to a year, and we may consider you for positions other than the one(s) you have applied for. We do not share applicants’ information with any third parties.